Grant & Proposal Announcements
Grant and Proposal Opportunities can be found below. If you request assistance, please contact [email protected].
Harvard & the Legacy of Slavery: Reparative Partnership Grant Program
Inaugural Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Harvard & the Legacy of Slavery: Reparative Partnership Grant Program. The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support innovative and achievable ideas that address systemic inequities affecting descendant communities (i.e., people harmed by slavery).
Here are a few key things for you to know about the RFP:
- We will prioritize proposals that benefit the Cambridge and Boston communities.
- Proposals must be co-led by a community partner and a Harvard partner (faculty, student, staff, or alums).
We have organized various events related to the RFP, including the following:
- Monday, November 27 at 6 pm - H&LS RFP Information Session Webinar (Live and Recorded) | Register for Event
- Thursday, November 30 at 5:30 pm - Reparative Partnership Ideathon at The Foundry Cambridge (In-Person) | Register for Event
- Thursday, December 7 at 5:30 pm - Reparative Partnership Ideathon at Roxbury Community College (In-Person) | Register for Event
NSF Proposal Submission
On November 4, 2022, the Equity Institute in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, held an NSF Program Solicitation Breakfast Meeting with Dean Dayna Bowen Matthew, Senior Associate Vice Provost for Research Gina Lohr, and Vice Provost Pam Norris, for GWU Faculty Researchers interested in submitting a proposal.
William T. Grant Foundation: Institutional Challenge Grant
The Institutional Challenge Grant supports university-based research institutes, schools, and centers in building sustained research-practice partnerships with public agencies or nonprofit organizations in order to reduce inequality in youth outcomes.
The 2023 online application is closed. Dates for the 2024 competition will be announced in the spring.